Department of Molecular
Faculty of Physics and
- I studied the orientation and rotation mobility of molecules in
membranes with Fluorescence depolarization
- The effects of oxysterols and cholesterol on the
structure of membranes. What is the relation with artherosclerosis?
- The effects of azones on the human skin. Azones make the skin more
permeable to medicines, enabling drugs to be administered through the skin
without using injections.
- The orientation of vitamin A and E in membranes
- The orientation of the excitation and emission moments of tetra-
butyl-perylene, a possible new probe molecule for membranes.
Some background to this work can be found at the Polymer Liquid Crystal tutorial
If you wish to find out more about physics on the Net you could look atTHE INTERNET PILOT TO PHYSICS, which
includes Physics servers and
services around the world
About Joachim Verhagen | Homepage Joachim Verhagen